Saturday, April 18, 2009

A little reading...

Books we're reading:
Attaching in Adoption - Deborah D. Gray
Conquering Infertility - Mind/body guide to enhancing fertility and coping with infertility - Alice D. Domar, Ph.D (this book was a suggestion by our social worker)
The whole life adoption book - Jayne E. Schooler & Thomas C. Atwood


Books we've read:
Becoming a Family - promoting healthy attachments with your adopted child - Lark Eshleman, Ph.D
Secret thoughts of an adoptive mother - Jana Wolff
Labor of the Heart - a parents guide to the decisions and emotions in adoption - Kathleen L. Whitten, Ph.D
Twenty things adopted kids wish their adoptive parents knew - Sherrie Eldridge

3 comments:

Renee and Brian said...

Which of the books that you've already read would you recommend? I have Deborah Grays book on attachment and a few others but I haven't read any of them yet.

Amber said...

I have Gray's book on attachment as well, but haven't read it yet either...is it any good?
I'm curious about the book you mentioned on infertility issues...do you recommend it? For those of us adopting due to infertility, like myself, it's important to work through some related issues...so I'm wondering if you found that book helpful. If you did, I just might go out and get it :0)

Tam-A-Roo said...

Hello girls,

I started to write a reply to you here...and it made me think that since I had so much to say about the books...maybe I should blog about it...so...I'm working on the reply...post it soon...