Wednesday, March 16, 2011

28 Months

I can honestly say that this month flew by, I guess it's because we've had some pretty busy weeks and weekends.

We've been working on one of the last areas of our house, the hallway/side entrance and stairs. I have a hard time choosing paint colors and since we pass through this area many times a day, I was very nervous. We finally settled on a taupe (Studio Taupe by Behr) - and I couldn't be happier with it! While we were at it, we decided to redo the newel posts and handrails, tons of fun. It was challenging and isn't quite done yet, but it's looking good. I thought I'd share some before and after shots of the hall, I apologize for the poor quality of the shots... it's really hard to take a good picture in the hall because of the light coming in from the big window.

These are two before shots... I had actually started to prime the door frames - they were the same color as the door.


Here are the after shots, we painted all the doors and trim white, and the light fixtures, and door hinges. We're still working on the stairs.

At the end of the month, we celebrated Rachelle's birthday we had an Oscar themed party - minus the tuxedos and dresses.

The pre/post adoption support group started up again (after the Christmas Break) and we watched the documentary on young Quebeckers who were adopted internationally called "Terre d'accueil... 30 ans plus tard" we had already seen it but it was interesting to get other peoples reactions to it. If your high-school french is up to snuff we highly recommend it.

7 comments:

Patricia & Yan said...

very beautiful thbe color you choose... i'm happy that you have those project not to think too much. i can,t wait to hear you've got your referral call!!! it's very long but we're gonna love these child in a special way i,m pretty sure about that...

thinking and praying for you tammy!!

Patriciaxx

Agnes said...

You're one month closer!!! :-) Congratulations!!!!

Mélissa said...

La couleur est très belle, j'aime bien. C'est bien d'avoir tout plein de projet!! Un mois plus près de votre petit!
Mélissaxx

Jennifer said...

Very nice job with the hall colors! And so much closer to your little one! (Only two months away from the 30 month mark - it's got to be SOON, right?)

Renee and Brian said...

Hey Tammy, the house is looking great! You guys will be totally ready for when you finally get the call and your little one comes home. I have a feeling it won't be long now!! I pray for you guys everyday and I really hope that you get word by Easter!!! My French isn't even grade 3 so I'd be no good to watch that documentary!!

Bubbis said...

Love the colors Tammy!

We think of you very often and we pray that you will get the call soon.

Jess :-)

Amber said...

Hi Tammy,
thanks for the information about the documentary...I will try to get my hands on it. It sounds very interesting...Raph will enjoy this as well.
Your house looks great! Love the colors.
Hey, I have some news to share with you...Raph was just transferred to St-Jerome, so we're in the process of moving again. We'll be much closer to Montreal now! Also, I'll be on the South Shore correcting the English Exit exam at Champlain College the end of May. If you would like to get together for coffee or something, let me know!

Take care, hoping you hear something very, very soon!!!!